Saturday, August 8, 2009

Family Zoo Day

 

 

Today we went to the zoo.  Yes, it was the hottest day of the year, but honestly it was not that bad.  We went early and stayed pretty late. We saw all the animals, went to the splash park, ate lunch that I packed because zoo food is disgusting, and saw the indoor animals.  Ava crashed as soon as we left the parking lot, and continued to sleep when we got home for 2 1/2 hours.  Alex did not want to ride very long in the stroller, he prefers our shoulders or the baby bjorn.  Alex is now 7 weeks old and so big.  I can't wait to see how much he weighs at his 2 month checkup.  He is really starting to come alive with his cooing and smiles.  He got his first bottle of formulal the other day and did great with it.  I am still nursing him and plan on nursing him until he is six months old.  I gave him the formulal because Bert and I would like to go to a wedding in September kid free, and I need to get him used to a bottle before then.  He is a really laid back baby,but can throw a crying fit for sure when he is not happy!  Today was a great day with the whole family.

  I am truely blessed and thankful for my little family.

 

 

 



4 comments:

  1. We went to the zoo yesterday too, Ann! How funny! We went pretty late though. Looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. little white whaleAugust 9, 2009 at 6:52 AM

    We went Friday evening and packed our dinner!  The carousel and tram were free for members.  Looks like fun at the Splash Park.  Too bad Leo isn't interested in it.  When we are at the zoo we are on a mission to see each and every animal.  And we have to bring snacks for the ducks. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex and Ava are such cuties!  You do have a beautiful family.  I like that you're aiming to nurse Alex until he is 6 mo.- it's encouraging for me since I'm going to try for the full year :)  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nursing is work.  I like it and I don't like it.  I't calms me down at the end of the night, and I know it is the best for him which makes me keep on nursing.  I'ts hard to get nursing babies on a schedule at first.  It seems like when you bottle feed you know exactly how much they are getting, and I am a schedule person.  I'ts worth the extra effort, but there is no way I could do it for a year.  Once they get teeth I am out of there..  Good luck with it, Sophia again is soooooooooo cute, I actually cried when my Mom told me you had Sophia because I know how much joy your first child brings you, along with an abundance of new feelings, and a new life.  I am very happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete