Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Enjoying Sweet Summertime

I feel like our summer days are hanging on by a thread.  We are trying to get in all the great playtime we can before school starts.  This week we headed over to my sister's house for a play date, last night we saw a movie, today it's the Science museum, Thursday is park and horseback riding, and Friday my sister's kiddos are heading to our house for a play date.  I hope all next week is Sunny and bright for lots of pool days.  I decided since the kids start school on August 15th, we will have to start going to bed early on  Aug 1st to get them in a good routine.  Considering they have been going to bed at midnight, and getting up around 10, and Alex having three hour naps, I don't think it will be very easy:/  I certainly have enjoyed these summer hours and I know my kids have too!

Perfect rainy day activity: building bugs with Alex's new birthday gift.


The glorious water slide

Alex


Backyard pool

What a sweet boy, love you Oscar!

A benefit to Ava staying up very late with me, she loves watching the food network (she calls it the cookin show.)  She came up with this dessert for me, it's very creative:)

3 comments:

  1. My daughter Caroline (8) loves food network too. Chopped and Cupcake wars are her favorite. Apparently last night while I was at a Lia Sophia party she made my husband Jeff watch them with her. It paid off as it was the episode of chopped where the judges comment about salting and oiling the water for spaghetti is a must. So tonight while I was making the sauce inside and Jeff was boiling the noodles on the side burner of the grill (too hot inside) he came in and said he needed the salt and oil! Ava's creating looked quite interesting and tasty looking too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Annie, chopped is my favorite show!

      Delete