Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Almost Summer

 

 

So much has happened over the weekend and the past couple of days.  Our computer has been acting funny for starters, but luckily Bert thinks he can fix it.  We celebrated a beautiful first Communion with my Dad's side of the family in Lexington this past Saturday.  Pete, my cousin, who was my ring bearer in my wedding did a fabulous job bringing up the candle during church!  We are so happy he can take Communion now!  It was a beautiful day Ava and Leo enjoyed playing outside the entire day, especially going down the mini roller coaster ride.  I can't believe how big my cousins are getting.  I used to babysit them when I was going to school in Lexington.  Pete was 2, Tim was 6 weeks, and Henry was in Kindergarten or first grade I'm not sure. They have grown up so fast!  Seeing my sweet cousins made me even more anxious to meet my little boy.  Not too much longer (7 weeks 4 days) to be exact but who's counting.  Needless to say I am just about done with being pregnant.  I don't hate it because hate is a strong word but I am just a little impaitent and ready to meet him.

 

 

In other news I have not been to work since Tuesday.  My director took me to my docotor's office on Tuesday morning because I passed out at work.  Well I did not really pass out I just got extremely light headed, dizzy, and sweaty (gross.)  It turns out this is all my fault.  I have not been taking my iron pills that my doctor prescribed for me.  I am anemic and probably worse now because I have not been taking them.  So I feel very guilty that I have not been keeping up with this because I could have fallen and really hurt myself.  I have learned my lesson and will be taking the iron everyday from here on out.  I have also been suffering from allergies/sinus issues.  My face swells up in the morning and I can hardly hold my head up until I put some hot compresses on.  So with all this mess going on I decided I needed some days off.  I think I am going to look into allergy shots or even surgery after the baby is born because my sinus and allergy problems are so severe.  I have a doctor's appointment today and will be updating all the stats of Alex.  Hopefully, she will say I am right on track and not measuring 4 weeks ahead like I was with Ava.  We have a ultra sound scheduled at 36 weeks just to check and make sure he is ok.  I can't wait to post the pictures.

 

 

Ava is a pleasant handfull.  She still is not talking.  We have our 18 month checkup with the doctor on May 18th and these issues will be addressed for sure.  I think she is very frustrated she can't communicate with us.  I will probably be calling first steps for some speech therapy after her checkup or closer to her 2nd birthday if things continue the way they are.  First steps is an amazing program that Kentucky offers to all children ages birth - three.  While I was in school I went on home visits with some of the therapists that work for first steps and got to write up some of my own family and behavior service plans.  I work with them on and off at my preschool as well.

 

 

Ava and I are looking forward to the summer.  We plan on going to the pool and getting some sun while we have fun before Alex comes.  I am not thrilled about getting into a bathing suit right now but you gotta do what you have to do in order for Ava to have fun at the pool and for me to get some glorious sun on this very pale body.  I have three weeks left of work.  I can't get over this. I am so used to my routine but I will form a new routine I know and everything will be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. The anemia and allergies sound like no fun at all!  I'm sure the doctor told you that the baby takes all the nutrients it needs first, and then your body is left to deal with the remainder- so, the iron supplements are really for you!  Stay well and enjoy the summer.  Ava's outfits are the cutest!   

    ReplyDelete