Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sundays

 

 

Sometimes I hate Sundays because I know I have to go back to work the next day, and that means no time with Ava.  I know I should be thankful for the time I do get to spend with her because it is alot more than some people get.  I work from 8-3:30.  I know lots of people that get off at 5 or later and don't get to see their kids until then.  It's still not enough time for me.  I love her so much and would love to stay home with her.  If anyone knows of a wonderful stay at home job, please let know asap.  I have already checked out a million possibilities and none seem to really work for me.  Don't get me wrong my job is wonderful.  I work with some great teachers, and have great kids with supportive parents.  We also follow the Catholic school calender which gives me lots of time off.  I still have trouble swallowing the fact I can't be home with her everyday to do the everyday things.  I was born to be a mother.  I know this might  sound corny to some but I really do feel this way.  Sometimes I feel guilty for working, and other times I feel good about working because I know I am helping my family financially.  I think the guilt I sometimes feel comes from stay at home moms that tell me they have their priorities straight.  I must give off the impression to some people that it's okay to say rude, hurtful things to me because it sure does happen alot.  I don't want to get on their pathetic level and tell them how I really feel so I let it go, but I think I might have to start.  Bert and I certainly do not live beyond our means, but we do like Ava to have nice things.  We are actually getting rid of his big truck soon to purchase a car that will have a lower monthly payment.  We both want more children.  Ava has made us so happy and we would love to give her some siblings.  However, I know with more children comes more bills and the question how am I going to ever stay home?  I don't know what the future holds for us.  I know that I will do my best to think positively, love my family unconditionally, and continue to be happy and grateful for what we do have and what God has blessed us with! 

Please note in the video how focused Bert is on playing this video game.  I love this man so much!   

 

 



1 comment:

  1. Don't listen to anyone who says those things to you.  You do what is best for your family and Ava will love you for it.  Why are women so hard on each other?  Things will work themselves out.  The question is what to do about attracting those negative sentiments...

    ReplyDelete