Monday, September 15, 2008

Windy

 

 

Thanks to Hurricane Ike we had a huge wind storm, resulting in a new roof for Bert and I.  Well, we have not been able to get a hold of our insurance company just yet, but when we do they will be out to assess the damage, and I can gurantee they will say we need a new roof.  We have a pretty good home warranty so I am not too worried about the cost.  Other problems caused by the wind storm were loss of power.  We have been without power since yesterday morning around 10:30.  All in all I would say we got off pretty lucky.  We had no major tree damage, and no one in my family was hurt.  I think of all those poor people who have lost not only power but their homes and belongings in Texas.  I feel blessed this is the least of my problems.

On a positive note, I got the day off school, and was able to stay home with Ava.  We went to Grammy's house because she got her power back on.  My sister also came over for the day for she was also still without power.  Ava always enjoys spending time with her cousins Leo and Gus. 

As far as updates with Ava, she is growing up so quickly.  Her vocabulary has not expanded much the same Ma Ma, Da Da, Ba Ba.  Her appetite has been incredible lately.  Ava has always been a good eater, no matter what I fix for dinner she will gobble it all up.  It seems she just can't get enough to eat these days.  Maybe she's going through a growth spurt, who knows?   Ava plays with what I call big kid toys now.  I didn't think she would know how to play with the fisher price castles and other things like this but she is.  She likes to hide her little people in the trap doors, and make them go down the shoots.  I think we will probably get her something like this for her birthday as well as some new clothes.  Ava's one year birthday is in 7 weeks.  I can't get over this.  Where did the year go? Bert and I second anniversery is also coming up October 21st1  Crazy how time flies. 

 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment