Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Alex's well check and other coming events

 

 

Yesterday we ventured out of the house after a successful speech therapy lesson with Ms. Melissa to the Doctor's office for Alex's two month well check up.  Ava' s speech is progressing more everyday.  She can say, no, go, up, down, more, mom, dad, daisy(my parent's neighbors dog,) ball, and apple.  She is working on so many others and has almost got them.  Her speech therapist as well as me are trying to help her combine words, like up mom, come here, go ball, etc.  I am very proud of Ava she has come along way and I know will continue with her progress.  In addition to her speech therapist, I have continued to help Ava by making some games for her.  The games are file folder games with velcro, I used to make them for my classroom, and Ava loves them!

 

Okay back to my sweet Alex.  Alex weighs 11lbs,12oz, and is 23 1/2 inches long.  His head circumferene along with is height and weight are all in the 55%.  Ava was always in the 90%  so I got a little worried, but Doctor Church assured me he was growing beautifully, and encouraged me to continue breastfeading exclusively.  He also reminded me that Ava was born almost two pounds heavier, so I was relieved to know he was checking out just fine. 

 

 

In other news I finally completed Ava's baby  book, and have completed Alex's as much as I could.  I don't know why but I felt so good after this was done.  It's not like I have to turn them in for a grade, but that's how I felt.  It was nice to look back and see how Ava has grown.

 

I am getting very excited for Ava's birthday and Alex's Baptism.  I love planning parties.  It's been a challenge finding a date that works for everyone and actually we have to change the date again for Alex's baptism.  So many people are out of town these days.  I plan on cooking for Alex's baptism because it will be a smaller event.  I am working on making his tablecloth, just like I did for Ava.  Ava's party plans are coming along a little smoother.  We have settled on a horse theme.  She loves horses.  I took her to factory card outlet and we went up and down the aisles.  She said "no"  to all of them except the horses.  I was going to see if we could have pony rides at our house, but Bert shot that idea down and said that it was way too much.  I agree I guess.  I might try to rent a small inflatable.  I will be making the cake, wish me luck!  I am going to order a pan shaped like a horse online and attempt to decorate it.  I also have the option of making her party a pink cowgirl cartoony horse theme or more like real horses type theme.  I would choose the pink for sure, but I think Ava would enjoy the pictures on her plates and cups to look more like real horses.  I am thinking about this a little too in depth I know and a little early, but like I said I love parties, and want both of these upcoming events to be perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment