Monday, October 26, 2009

Well Checks

 

 

Friday Ava and Alex had their well checks.  Alex weighed in at 14lbs and is 26 1/2 inches long putting him in the 25-50%.  Ava weighed in at 31lbs and I forgot the height but both were in the 75%.  We had a long discussion about Ava's speech and we have decided to switch therapist on the basis that sometimes certain people just don't mesh well together.  Ava still isn't talking after six months of therapy.  We still hear her say "more, mom, up" and a few others but she is obviously not even close to where she needs to be.  We are also looking into seeing a developmental interventionist at Carriage House.  There is a waiting list so we will see how this goes.  Her current therapist assures me she is just not ready to talk yet, and that there is nothing medically wrong with her ( tongue tied, hearing issues, ect.)  It is soooooooooooooo frustrating for me so I'm sure it's equally if not more for Ava.  It really sucks when your child has a problem that you can't fix.  I feel like I am doing my best to help her, but it's not good enough and I don't know what else to do. 

Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to lately.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. Ann, you are a wonderful mother and there is no doubt that you are doing everything that needs to be done for Ava. Sometimes it just takes time and that can be very frustrating. You have two beautiful children and they are very blessed to have you as their mother.

    ReplyDelete