Saturday, March 8, 2008

Work is Good

  1. Hey everyone I know I have been lacking on updating my blog, but I have been a busy Mommy.  With work I feel like time is just flying by.  Ava is 4 months old now! Time feels like it's flying by because I teach preschool.  At school, w
    e do a different theme, number, and letter of the week.  It feels like just yesterday we were on letter P, and next week is letter V!  I know it sounds silly to associate my life around the letters of the alphabet, but hey thats my life for ya. I had a mom at work ask me the other day if I was tired when I get home now that I had a baby.  When you teach preschool you are tired no matter what, juggling 19 three year-olds is mentally and physically exhausting.  It made me think about how nice it would be just to stay home with Ava.  However, I thought a little longer about it and realized how much I love my job!  My co-teacher is amazing we are always on the same page about everything.  The kids keep me laughing all day long with their innocent comments and charming personalities, and I feel very much at home when I am at work.  Don't get me wrong, my little students can have their not so cute personality moments and throw some major fits over the most insignificant things, but for the most part they are little angels!  I realized that in a way Ava is with me during the day.  I keep her in my thoughts all day long, I talk about her all day long, and we pray for her everyday in religion.  The Moms at school tell me that their kids pray for baby Ava every night at the dinner table and that all their baby dolls are named Ava.  It brings me so much joy to know that Ava is in a way part of their lives too because my kids mean the world to me and I treat them like they are my own.  Basically I have come to realize that working and having an infant is alright.  The guilt is fading and my worries of her missing me is diminishing.  It also helps that Grammy(my mom) is watching her.  I know Ava loves everything about my Mom.  She smiles and laughs every time my Mom sings and talks to her.  I know she feels right at home in Grammy's house. The picture of Ava is on her four month birthday!  I am a fan of the big bows!




2 comments:

  1. little white whaleMarch 9, 2008 at 3:35 AM

    Lil' Miss Ava looks so cute!  Surprisingly the bow is blue!  It's too bad we can't get a nice photo of Leo and Ava together.  I think we're going to have to get a professional to do it.  This summer I plan on hiring Megan to shoot the boys.  Maybe Ava can get in on the action.  The photos of the three of them would make some nice gifts.  Mom has been complaining she doesn't have any recent photos. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava looks adorable here!  I really enjoyed your update Ann.  There's certainly something to be said about a fulfilling work environment and it sounds like yours is definitely that way.  And that's so sweet that all the girls in your class have dolls named Ava!  Can't wait till I see you all again.  Love you! 

    ReplyDelete