Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ava will have a little brother!

 

 

I am shocked to say the least we are having a boy.  I thought for sure this baby was a girl.  I had the name, obviously the clothes, bedding, everything ready.  I was so sure it was a girl.  I planned on eventually moving the baby in with Ava since she will have trundle beds in her new room.  Well, I guess I will just have to start rethinking everything.  Bert is ecstatic to put it mildly.  It's going to take me some getting used to I am not ashamed to admit.  I am so elated the baby is healthy and progressing well.  I am simply a girly girl.  I enjoy matching Ava's clothes to her bows, shopping in the little girl's department, and simply love everything about little girls.  However, I thinks it's pretty cool I am having a SON!  It's just so hard to switch your train of thought.  I have beautiful bedding for him thanks to my Aunt Diane,and I am sure the Grandma's will help in the clothes department.  Everything I got from Ava's baby shower is pink, I'm not kidding.  I keep telling this baby in my belly how much I love him, and how I don't mean to hurt his feelings, but I am just so shocked. 

After the ultra sound I went shopping at the mall and immediately realized how different the girl vs. boy department is.  The girls is so bright and cheery and the boys is dark and dreary.  Why do children's designers insist on using such dark colors and sports themed outfits for newborn boys?  I am pretty sure they don't know what sports are just yet.  I would like to see some sweet baby boy items in the department stores.  I managed to purchase some outfits for my son and Ava too.  I would like to get their pictures taken together this summer.  As far as names go for this little man,  Bert and I are still thinking.  We know we would like to use Eric some where in the name (Bert's dad's name), we are just not sure yet.  We will keep everyone updated.  The baby's birthday is still not set in stone.  We are still leaning towards the 17th.

Overall, it has been an emotional day.  I enjoyed having my family with me at the ultra sound, and I look forward to meeting my little boy come JUNE!

 

 



4 comments:

  1. He'll be very lucky to have you for a mother. Take it from a mother of 3 boys, they are wonderful. Nana and Mimi can help you in the clothing department with homemade, one of a kind clothing! How's that for a solution!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a boy!!! Congratulations! Once you get used to the idea, I'm sure you will LOVE having a boy! Boys are soo much fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [this is good] Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth be told, it's nice to have a little variety in genders :)  I think it's so exciting you'll have one of each.  And it looks like you found some cute outfits!  The world of baby clothing shopping is all new to me, and I'll probably end up going to Marshall's or something!

    ReplyDelete