Monday, January 12, 2009

Updates

I am a little sad, my doctor's office called and had to cancel my Wed. ultra sound and checkup.  The receptionist said it has absolutely been crazy around the office especially the ultra sound machine.  There is only one tech and apparently alot of high risk pregnant women needing to get in.  So they have pushed my appointment back to the following Wed. January 21st.  I am just glad everything is going smoothly and I am not a high risk pregnancy.  I am currently 17 weeks pregnant!  We wil also be scheduling the baby's birth day.  I am looking at June 17th.  My doctor shedule's them on Wednesdays.  The follwoing Wed in June is a little close to my brother in law's wedding.  I know this sounds horrible that I am trying to have my baby so I can go to a wedding, but they have already told me how much it would mean to them if I were there.  I was originally a bridesmaid but had to cancel and promised I would try to be there for them on their special day.  If the baby is born on June 17th this gives me about 15 days to somehow prepare myself to attend the wedding.  No, I am not talking about losing any weight that is the least of my worries.  I happen to love my body pregnant or not.  I am just trying to figure out who will watch Ava and the baby?  How will I nurse the baby?  Should I try and pump and give the baby a bottle that young?  I get the impression this is not a kid friendly wedding which is fine everyone does things differently.  Since I am already worried and thinking about it now, I am sure I will come up with a solution before the July 3rd wedding.  

In other news Ava is still under the weather.  She has had a sinus infection and a cold since the beginning of December.  I had to call in a sub on Friday, and today ( Monday.)  I feel like I have taken off some much lately but she comes first and I am determined to get her better.  I took her to the doctor on Friday and now the docotor thinks she is suffering more from allergies than anything else.  She is on Omnicef for the mucus that is built up in her throat, benadryl for allergies, and tylenol for the fever.  According to the doctor the fever is from the sinus infection and pressure.  He also assures me she is not contagious.  I don't know I am at a loss. I want my sweet happy little girl back.  She has been acting out of character as would I if I felt the way she did, and she doesn't have much of an appetite.  I forgot to mention I also put a humidifier in her room.  I feel like I have done everything I can.  I have not left this house for a long time except on Sunday to go to church and pray my little heart out that she gets better soon.  



3 comments:

  1. You know, I have a 4 o'clock ultrasound on Wednesday.  Hope I'm not the latecomer who booted you out of your appointment.  Poo, I was looking forward to seeing you at the Dr.'s and finding out boy or girl!  That is disappointing, Sis.  Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BTW--If you can't make their wedding, I think everyone will understand!  For goodness sake you'll be recovering from surgery and nursing and caring for a newborn and 19 month old! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Ava feels better soon! Poor girl!

    Sorry to hear that your ultrasound was cancelled! What a bummer! Next week will be here before you know it though. 

    ReplyDelete