Thursday, January 8, 2009

Exciting News!

 

 

Over the Christmas break Bert and I had many discussions on what we want to do before the baby is born, and here they are.

1. Finish our basement

2. Paint and assemble Ava's new room.

3. Save Money

4. Buy a double stroller

This is not to bad of a list to accomplish.  Bert has begun studding the basement walls, and has hung a few pieces of drywall.  I think it is coming along rather well.  We will be posting some pictures soon.  I want to wait a little longer before painting and moving Ava into her new room.  She will have to learn how to sleep in a twin bed, since I don't have two cribs.  Saving money is always difficult but we will succeed.  I have been looking at a few possibilities for double strollers, I need one that holds a carrier.  This can be purchased closer to the baby's due date.

I forgot to mention one little thing.  I AM GOING TO STAY HOME AFTER THE BABY IS BORN!  If you read my blog you know how much this means to me.  I have wanted to stay home from the time I found out I was pregnant with Ava.  This means the world to me I am head over heels excited about this decision that Bert and I came to.  I think it's the best job in the world.  I can't wait to wake up every morning and know that I will be the one feeding her every meal, teaching her new things, and loving her unconditionally for the rest of her life.  Yes, I do most of these things already but it will be different.  No more rushing around like a mad woman in the morning trying to get everyone out of the house on time, no more coming home from work tired and not having time to play with her because I have to cook dinner.  I will be spending the entire day with her.  I have lots of time to play with her on the weekends but it's never enough.   I look forward to the challenges of nursing an infant and taking care of a 19 month old.  I don't care if I sound crazy or corny.  I love my babies and staying home with them is the best thing that could ever happen to me.

 

  

 



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your decision to stay at home with your two babies!  And good luck saving money- that's always a toughie :)  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, that's such exciting news!!  I know how much you've wanted to stay home with Ava and now her soon-to-be sibling, and I'm sooo happy for you!  

    ReplyDelete