Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Officially Introducing...Eric Alexander Hughes!

 

 

We have been home for two days now and suprisingly everything has gone very smoothly.  Maybe we are in for a meltdown at some point, but everything for the moment is absolute heaven.  I don't know if it' s my hormones or what but I am completly happy with everything in my life right now.  I love my husband and my two kiddos so much.  I could not ask for anything more.  Our first night home I cooked dinner, did some laundry, gave both kids a bath, and Bert and I put them to bed, it was wonderful.  I guess I will back up for a momment and tell you how the birth went.

 

 

Bert and I left the house at 5:40 and we arrived at the hospital happy and excited to check in.  I did great until I had to sit myself on the operating table for them to put a huge needle in my back.  I started crying and it pretty much went down hill from there until Bert was allowed back into the room.  I also calmed down after I heard little Alex let out a few crys. Alex weighed 7lbs, 15oz and was 21 inches long.  I knew all along what was going to happen and I still lost it.  I'ts a pretty scary thing to be awake during surgery.  When we got into the recovery room after surgery I said the same thing to Bert that I said to him after having Ava.  "I don't think I can ever go through this again."  The more I think about all the things I have to go through to have my children the more I think 2 sounds like a great number.  However, as soon as I stop focusing on all the negative things like pain, I realize I can do this one more time.

 

 

 

 

Our hospital stay was lovely, we had lots of visitors, and very generous family members who brought us lunch and dinner everyday

 

!

 

Alex is a very sweet baby.  He likes to nurse ALOT, but I'm pretty sure all newborns do.  We take him to his first doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I expect everything will be fine. 

Ava has really taken a liking to her new baby brother.  She wants to kiss and hold him all the time.  I give her lots of attention and make sure I tell her what a great big sister she is all the time.  She seems to be adjusting to him just fine.

 

   



3 comments:

  1. I love your comment about 2 children sounding like a good number...I'm very interested in what comes to mind after childbirth for me too!  And wow, you did a lot on your first day back home.  Congrats to all of you again, and hopefully things continue to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. little white whaleJune 23, 2009 at 1:32 PM

    Welcome, welcome, welcome Alex!  We just love you to pieces already!  Love the pictures too.     

    I'm betting the closer Alex gets to his first birthday...the more you'll be thinking about baby #3.  We'll see!  I've been told that you just "know" or you "get a feeling" for when your family his complete.  Together you and Bert will know best! 

    I question when/if  I'll get that feeling.   

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, welcome baby Alex! He is adorable, Ann! I'm glad all went well. Congrats to you, Bert, and big sister Ava! 

    ReplyDelete