Monday, June 1, 2009

Staying Home Fun

 

 

So far staying at home has been great!  Ava and I have found fun things to do everyday.  We usually head out to the park early so we can get home in time for lunch and nap.  I think staying at home has helped me become more energetic, I even lost a pound at my last doctor's appointment!  Today is suppose to be in the 90's so we will fill up the baby pool and relax in the cool water in the backyard.  When Ava naps I have been catching a few winks which is great because I cannot sleep at night very well.  To quote my husband I have become a clean freak.  He said "there's clean, really clean, and a clean freak."  Maybe he's tired of coming home to the aroma of pine sol or bleach.  Or maybe he' s tired of me yelling at him to immediately take off his shoes when he enters the house.  Oh well I really enjoy a nice clean house.  I'm sure I won't have as much time to clean when the baby comes so I might as well enjoy it now.

 

 

Ava was evaluated yesterday by Tina from first steps.  It was so interesting to see my little girl complete all these tasks I didn't know she could do.  I work/play with her on a daily basis and I still could not believe she completed some of the tasks Tina was asking her to do.  Ava was very vocal and LOUD the whole time she was here.  She said alot of her speech kids were very quiet.  I told her Ava is definatley not quiet she just can't form words.  She noticed that Ava's feet turn in a little bit and that she sits in a W formation ( both legs bent at the knees facing outward.)  She asked if Ava falls alot and I told her yes.  She said this can show that Ava doesn't have good trunk control (mid section of the body,)  and that she might bring in a physcial therapist to see if she can help with this, which in turn will help with her speech because her equilibrium is off.  To some people this may sound like a stretch and even silly, but I get it. With early intervention everything stems from somthing and everything has to be in order for everything to work.  Ava barely qualified for speech, but I'm glad she did because the frustration level has risen for both Ava and I.  I'ts a 10 min ordeal just to try and figure out if she wants milk or water to drink because she can't say the words.  They are also going to speed up the process for me since I have a new baby coming in about 2 weeks.  First steps has been wonderful and speedy.  I am very pleased.

 

 

I have a little over two weeks now before Alex arrives and they are a busy two weeks.  I have a bridal shower, bridal luncheon, 1st birthday party, 2 doctor's appointments, 2 first steps appointments, hair appointment, and a mani and pedi appointment.  I am so happy about the last two.  I have been anxiously awaiting getting my hair, nails, and toes done!!!!!!!!  I know I will not have time after Alex comes. All pediatricians will tell you not to take a newborn out of the house for 6 weeks.  I feel bad we have a rehearsal dinner, wedding, and after wedding celebration to attend six days after we get home from the hospital.  I hope he doesn't get exposed to too many germs!!!!!!!  I had the same problem with Ava.  She was born right before Thanksgiving, and I took her out of the house reluctantly.  At least it's the summer and not during the cold and flu season.  I'm sure he will be fine.

 

 

The pictures I posted are from the zoo last friday and my sister's house on Sunday.  When Ava gets older and asks me if she went to the pool alot when she was a baby, I hope she will appreciate I did my best and had to compromise by letting her swim in a tin washbin!  All the cousins had a great time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



5 comments:

  1. Wow!  It sounds like you've been busy.  I'm taking note of the pre-baby pampering- I'll be sure to get a pedi right before!  Ava's equilibrium makes complete sense since that's tied to the inner ear, and hearing and speech go hand-in-hand.  The SLPs will probably love working with her and you'll all appreciate the results!  Love that Leo's diaper is hanging out- hilarious!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. little white whaleJune 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM

    Yay for Ava!  I can't wait to hear what she has to say. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life in MullerworldJune 2, 2009 at 11:32 PM

    My last day is Friday!!! Hooray!!! Would you want to take Ava to the pool with us on Monday to celebrate???

    ReplyDelete
  4. The RoBards FamilyJune 5, 2009 at 2:13 PM

    Are you sure you're going to get all that in before your birthing date!???  Aren't you having a c-section?  My 3rd one, Zach, came well before my scheduled date and didn't give me a chance to get all that in...the hair and nails are oh so important!  Good luck!    

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm telling myself I will make all these appointments.  I have not been having any contractions what so ever.  I've thought about moving the pampering appoinments up.  I know it sounds weird but I just want to get these things done as close as I can to my due date so they will look great for the wedding on July 3rd!!!  I'm holding my breath and keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete