Saturday, June 19, 2010

ALEX TURNS ONE!!

 

 

My little baby boy is one year old today!  What an exciting day it has been.  We all woke up super early so I could run the 5k down at the waterfront.  My little family cheered me on through the rain, and I was so happy to have them there with me.  Alex's party plans have been consuming me for months, and today was the day we finally got to celebrate his big day.  First birthdays are always special and a little sad.  I feel as if they are graduating from baby to toddler.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At one year old Alex can almost walk.  He took four steps at his birthday party for the first time!!!!  He loves to stand by himself and he can stand without pulling himself up onto anything.  He still prefers crawling, and I think he prefers this because he is a super fast crawler!  He continues to say Da Da alot and waves goodbye.  He still looks kind of tiny to me.  He wears 12-18 month clothes and a size 3 shoe.  He loves figuring things out like how to get into drawers, closets, opening and shutting doors, turning on and off light switches, hiding toys and finding them, and knocking things down and picking them back up.

Lots of family came over to celebrate Alex's big day, I didn't get pictures of all of them, but here are the ones I was able to get.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alex's party went very well. The menu included BBQ, orzo pasta, corn, fruit, chips and dip, and of course cake and chocolate suckers!  My brother Tommy called earlier and said he really wished he could be there, so I told him I would give him every detail I could.  Alex received so many nice presents that we are so grateful for, especially another water toy to play outside with!  I made a video for Alex's birthday and everyone watched it at the party.  Here are some more pictures of Alex's special day.  I'll try and post the video later, I can't get it to work right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love you Alex you are the sweetest most precious little boy, and even though you can be a michevious little monkey, Mommy loves you more and more everyday.  You are our sweet little Angel!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



2 comments:

  1. The RoBards FamilyJune 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM

    Very cute!  Happy birthday to Alex and way to go on making some cute kiddos to a proud mama!  

    ReplyDelete