Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eric Alexander's Eighteen/Nineteen month post

Alex is our love bug, our sweet bundle of joy.  He makes us laugh and smile everyday!  He has a big personality.  When he is at home, he is crazy wild, running, laughing, talking, and getting into everything.  When he is somewhere else with other kids he is very shy.  I'm talking manikin still, and quiet as a mouse.



His favorite person in the world is Ava.  He loves her so much and wants her attention very badly.  He imitates everything that she does, and tries to keep up with her as best as he can. Ava plays with him alot and they get along very well, but Ava lets him know when she has had enough of him, and Alex will come running to me for some comfort and cuddle time.  Alex gets his feelings hurt very easily.  If I get on him about pulling out all my pots and pans, climbing on the table, or trying to stick things in sockets..... just to name a few, he covers his little hands over his eyes and hangs his sweet little head. It is the most adorable thing I have ever seen , and I can't stay mad for a second. 



Mommy and Daddy come a close second behind Ava.  He loves and cuddles with us all day and imitates us as well.  He pretends to work with tools like Daddy and  its super cute!  He likes to pretend to clean and cook as well,  something I joke and tell Bert I do way to much of.

Alex loves his pacifiers and bottles and probably will forever until I take them away, which I don't plan on doing anytime soon despite what his doctor says.  Alex takes a nice nap everyday.  I give him a bottle, cover him up, and leave the door cracked to check on him, and he is lights out!  At night we lay with him and Ava on the couch until they fall asleep and then we carry them to bed.  I know sleep trainers will cringe at this but it has always worked for us and we have always put our kids to bed at night this way.  VERY seldom does Ava  or Alex wake up through the night.  Ava really never does, and if she happens to we just let her come to bed with us.  We have never made a dramatic production about bedtime and I think it has served us well.







Happy eighteen/nineteen month Alex.  Mommy, Daddy, and Ava love you very much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment