Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Fun Activites

Winter is not my favorite season!  I will never complain about how hot and humid the weather gets in the summer, but I will complain about the winter.  I like a white Christmas and then I am ready for summer weather again.  I tell my husband all the time, I could definitely live in Florida. 

Since the weather has been so frigidly cold  and miserable,  we have made our own fun at home.  We have had dance parties, sheet swinging, painting, play dough, and some educational activities as well.  Today, I came up with something quickly because I could tell the troops were getting restless.  Alex's activity was pretty simple he just had to paint his snowman, for Ava's I cut out a hat, arms, and three buttons with numbers on them.  I wanted Ava to glue the hat, arms, and buttons on their correct spots.  As I was helping Alex get settled with his paint, I looked over and Ava had picked up the glue stick and was working hard on her project without me even giving her directions. I let her do the project without me saying a word.  She did it all by herself!  I was so proud of her.  After she was finished gluing she asked for some paint, so I let her paint it and she was so proud of herself!  We all had a great day.  My day got even better when Bert came home early and I got to go to the gym and workout!!













1 comment: