Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy St. Nicholas Day

 

 

Last night was the first time I filled the stockings for St. Nicholas day!  I had so much fun filling them!  Thank you to the dollar aisle at Target for having incredibly awesome stocking stuffer items!  Bert's stocking was filled too and he was very happy with his items.  St. Nicholas day was always a very exciting day when I was growing up.  It made me so happy and anxious for Christmas to come.  I realize not everyone does St. Nick stockings.  Some people do it on Christmas and some people get their shoes filled with candy.  There are many versions of St. Nicholas day.  My mom always filled our stockings on the fifth of December.  I remember getting everything from CD's to underwear, bras, oranges, bananas, nuts, candy, pencils, money, there was a range of numerous items to be found.  My Mom always kept us guessing, you never knew what you were going to pull out of your stocking next, it was thrilling!  I am trying to keep the tradition alive by doing the same thing with my family.  I think I did a pretty good job this year and made everyone happy.  Here are some pictures from this morning, and again Happy St. Nicholas day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment