Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Leoman

 

 

My first nephew Mr. Leo was born three years ago today.  I don't want to steal my sister's thunder of his birth, I'll just give my version of it.  I was so excited when my sister told me she was expecting this little boy, because I wanted a baby myself.  I remember my brother Philip banging on our front door and back window to try and wake Bert and I up in the middle of the night to tell us Sarah had gone into labor.  This was the first Grandchild in our family.  The love and excitement was incredible!  When we finally heard the loud bangs I jumped out of bed and knew immediately what was going on.  There was no question in my mind I was calling into work and staying at the hospital for the entire birth.  I was blessed to be in the room when Leo was born.  I cried and felt so full of Love that day, thinking if I feel this way with my nephew what will I be like when I have a baby of my own.  When I held Leo for the first time I didn't want to give him back, he was AMAZING.  We made faces at one another and checked each other out.  I also felt so proud and was in complete awe of my sister''s strength.  Throughout the entire birth she was calm and handled it like a champ, I was the one stressing about her pain.  When Leo came home from the hospital, I rode in the car with him for his first car ride home.  Looking back I'm sure my sister and Mitchell might have felt I was intruding, but at the time I felt it was ok.  I honestly had a hard time leaving my sister's condo after visits with this sweet little baby.  Leo has and always will have a special place in my heart.  After all I am not only his Aunt, I am his Godmother as well!  I love you Leo, and I hope Mommy reads this post to you.  You are the smartest boy I know, and I love you with all my heart, which is bigger than a JUNGLE!  By the way your Ava may not be able to say it yet but she loves you too!  We all love you Leo, you make our life so happy! Here are some random pictures of Leo through the years.

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment