Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day

 

 

To celebrate St. Patrick's day I took the kids to the zoo for the first time this year!  I'm not sure what happened to the weather it was supposed to be 62 and sunny but it ended up being in the 50's and cloudy.  Weather aside we had a great time!  Alex was his perfect self, and Ava was good for me.  She wanted to hold my hand the entire time.  I think she got a little nervous with all the the different animal noises going on.  When we entered the Gorilla exhibit one of the gorillas kept getting closer to her and thats when she said "okay, okay, go Mom."  She took my hand and we left the exhibit.

 

 

These are the days I cherish and appreciate the fact that I get to stay home with my kids and not miss a thing!  It out weighs the few and I do mean FEW moments when I long to go to work just so I can have a lunch break or planning period, something, anything just to be alone for a few moments, and then the feeling goes away when I see things like today for instance when Ava for the first time tried to sing the entire song "the circle"  from one of her movies.  I teared up just listening to her sweet voice trying to get out the words and stay in tune.  As I have mentioned before she is talking a lot more but everything pretty much sounds the same because she is working on articulation.  All in all my life is amazing!  I do wish my husband could find a job, but we are hanging in there and chalking this up to a small bump in the road that will lead to bigger and better things for us.  I applaud my husband for working so hard for us seven days a week at something he hates.  I know better things will come, we just have to be positive and patient. I put in some pictures from our walk the night before.  I could not take alot of pics at the zoo because I was by myself.   My little man's 9 month post is coming soon!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment