Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ava's New Love

 

Ava has always had a love of horses. Now she not only loves playing with them, watching them, and pretending to be one, SHE LOVES RIDING THEM!  I am so happy Ava loves riding, I think it's going to be great for her.  I feel like I pushed her into Ballet because I wanted her to do it and lets face it, Ava is NOT going to do anything she doesn't want to do.  It took me three ballet lessons to realize it was not a good fit for her, even just to socialize her with some other girls.  No, Ava is not a ballet girl, but she is one heck of a riding girl! 

 

Ava was very sad when we had to leave "her" horse.  She had a great time with Spot the pony and Ericka her instructor.  Ava's instructor told me she would move Ava up to a horse after a couple of visits, and I'm sure Ava will be thrilled about this.  During her lesson, she learned balance, and how to pull her way in and out of cones.  Her instructor knew Ava has a hard time talking so she used physical and verbal commands for Ava to direct the horse. 

I could tell Ava was very comfortable in the barn setting, and she was so excited she got to groom the horse after her visit.

I promised my sweet Alex when he shows an interest in something we will encourage him as well, the next post will be all about my little man.



No comments:

Post a Comment