Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of Preschool

 

Ava's first day of preschool was Monday, and she did great!  No crying at all, which I completely expected.  Ava's always been the see ya later kind of kid.  She found her star (which is her symbol for the year) and hung her backpack up.  Then she walked into her classroom and told me bye!  I could not have asked for a better first day.  Her teacher Mrs. Secrest is super cute and organized.  When I picked Ava up from school they were outside playing on the playground.  I asked her teacher how Ava's day was and she said "Ava is a very confident little girl, she jumped right in and participated in all the activities, she did have a little trouble pushing some friends, but had a great day."  I immediately thought, great she is pushing people!  I let that go though and realized she will learn at school just like she learns at home we don't push people when they take something, we "use our words."  My sweet little Ava will probably be playing with the boys in her class, in fact she was playing with two little boys on the playground when I picked her up.  The girls in her class are half her size and are VERY shy.  Ava loves dresses, ponies, horses, pink, babies, barbies, etc, but that's about as girl as she gets, she is NOT going to back down to anyone.  I am so excited for Ava because I know she will grow and blossom in this class.  I am very happy Ava is happy and settled.

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. Glad her first day went well, Ann! I'm sure she will do great this year! 

    ReplyDelete