Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Mimi!

 

 

My Mom's birthday is today, yes what a lucky day to have a birthday, Friday the 13th!  I must say it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I think it's silly to be superstitious.

  We will be having pizza and cake with all of our friends and family tonight, we can't wait to celebrate!  Ava has so graciously helped me make her Mimi's orange cake and cupcakes for herself and her cousins.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  We love you so much and appreciate all you do for us!

 

 

In other news there is no other news really, except I have been thinking about going back to work. I just really can't see how I'm going to manage so I am delaying this idea as long as I can thinking anyday my husband will get a phone call saying YOUR HIRED!  The day this happens you might want to come over to my house because you will get to witness the happiest woman on earth!

Some updates on Ava: She is talking up a storm, "Yes I do;" "Yet me go." "No you go away," I yike horsies," "Tiss (kiss)  Mommy," I go simming," and then of course there are the streams of NO"S, no this no that ext.  We are so pleased with her speech!  Ava still sounds like she can speak a form of Thai or Vitanamese, we are not quite sure where she gets this, it truely sounds like another language and then she will stop in the middle of this language and say "okay, yes I do."  What do you say to this?!  It's hilarious to listen to. Ava's occupational therapist is a  true gift from God, She is the kindest most gentle paitent woman.  We feel super blessed we got connected with her, after a rather long line of nutty speech therapist.

 

Alex's speech is starting to blossom.  He loves to match the inflection of your voice, by far his favorite one is "Uh Oh."  He likes to try and sing with you if you sing to him, and he loves loves loves seeing and saying Dad Dad!  Some of Alex's favorite things to do are look out the window (I know a real thrill seeker we've got!)  He loves playing in the water, loves playing with his big sister, and loves being read to.  His favorite books are The Ten Little Puppies, and a  nursery rhyme book that has the music on the side and plays when you push the button.  His favorite button to push and listen to you sing is "There was farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name oh, B I N G O B I N G O and Bingo was his name oh."  It's so sweet to see his face light up EVERYTIME you sing it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment