Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Beautiful Wedding!!!!

 

 

Bert and I went to Emily and Eric Sailing's wedding last night and it was absolutely gorgeous!  The rehearsal dinner was at Big Springs Country Club which was very familiar to us both.  I feel like I grew up at Big Springs.  Every Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter, Anniversary, and other big days we would go here with my Grandparents and celebrate the special day.  We would even tap dance on the fire place and put on shows for some people.  We also loved to sneak as many chocolate mints as we could.  If we were really feeling daring that day we would sneak downstairs to the woman's locker room, that was for adults only.  I really thought this was a big deal, and I remember thinking how much trouble we could get into if we were caught!  I think of these memories every time I walk through the door.  Those were very happy times!

 

 

Emily and Eric's wedding ceremony was at St. Boniface Catholic church.  It was great to see one of my best friend's get married to such an awesome guy.  Father Nick was the priest and I thought he gave an excellent homily.  One particular thing that stood out to me was when he said you have to love each other everyday whether you feel like it or not.  Let's face it there are days when you feel like you could just use a break from loving your spouse.  He also said if you ever need to look up to a role model of love, of course you can look up to your parents but look up to Jesus as well.  Jesus had such an everlasting selfless love for everyone.  I try to remember that when I want my way about something that really is insignifacant.  It's not like me to talk about religion, I feel it should be a private thing, but the wedding last night just really reminded me that marriage is such a blessed event in your life.  My marriage means the world to me and it's something you have to work at everyday.  It has already in two years made me a stronger person, and I love it.

The wedding reception was at the Muhamad Ali center.  All I can say is GORGEOUS!  The wedding took place at night.  Through the large glass windows you could see the ohio river.  The lights were dimmed the tables were beautiful.  Her colors were black and dark pink.  Her dress was very simple and classy.  The whole wedding was just awesome.  I know she has been looking forward to this for a long time, I think all her dreams came true last night. Bert and I left around 9:15. That was really early, but I was pretty exhausted and started to get a really bad headache. We did enjoy ourselves and we will always remember her wedding.  It was an honor to be a bridesmaid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. You look radiant Ann. You deserved a great time out and I hope that everything continues to go well for you and your family. Remember you have an extended family that loves you guys. I'm so excited for you. Ava will be an excellent role model for her younger sibling.

    ReplyDelete