Friday, October 31, 2008

A Sick Halloween

 

 

Ava missed out on trick or treating this year, but thats ok I don't think she was upset.  Ava had a fever Thursday night, well really early Friday morning.  Bert and I were up at 11:00, 1:00, and 2:30.  We gave her some Tylenol and juice and she finally slept until 6:30.  I had to go into work for my school' s Halloween party, but I left shortly after that.  Bert also ended up staying home, and we both took her to the doctor at 11:30.  The doctor said she looked great, her ears, throat, nose, but to keep her away from other kids for 24 hours so we did.  The doctor said it was probably a little virus.  It scared me though because Ava has never been that sick before.  Ava has had a pretty clean bill of health.  I guess that was a reminder of what it will be like to have a newborn baby again.  How easily you can forget how tiring it is to have a baby get up all night when you are used to them sleeping all night.  I remember the first night Ava slept 5 hours straight, she was about 2 weeks  old and I felt like I had won the lottery and was ready to go run a marathon.  I wonder what I will be like with my second child.  I worry constantly about Ava.  Even when she would fall back asleep Iast night I was trying to hear her every breath on the monitor.  People say you ease up when you have another child, but I don't see myself doing that.  I think I get all my worrying from my Grandaddy, he was big on worrying.  Ava is doing just fine now.  She never lost her appetite the whole time she was sick, she was just having fevers.  She was walking around playing and having a good time last night.  After we had dinner I put her to bed at 8:30,  and she is still sleeping (it's about 8:30 in the morning right now.) 

Overall, it's been a good Halloween we enjoyed going to the Zoo's Halloween party, my school's Halloween party last Saturday, and she picked out some great pumpkins!  Ava can't eat candy anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment