Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Two Year Anniversary

 

 

Today was my wedding Anniversary!  We have been happily married now for two years.  Bert's parents watched Ava for us while we ate a delicious dinner at Mojitios!  We thought about going to a fancy restaurant, or maybe even to the Brown Hotel where our reception was.  We decided to keep it simple.  We treated ourselves after dinner to a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks.  As far as gifts go I told Bert not to get me anything but he did anyway.  He got me a new pair of pink pajamas, and a dozen pink roses.  For those of you that don't know, pink is my favorite color, and I love pajamas.  I even like to put them on when I get home from work.

My gift to him was way better I have to say.  I decided to share with him some great news, I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, thats right Bert and I will be having another bundle of joy at the end of June.  I am so excited and anxious, I can hardly wait to meet the new member of the family.  I am currently about 1 month pregnant.  My doctor will not let me have the baby naturally since Ava was born by C- section, and so this baby will also be delivered by a C- section.  This is fine by me, Bert and I will be able to pick out his/her birthday.  I will still be nervous and scared that day, but at least I know what to expect.  Bert of course is praying (literally asking people to light candles it's a boy,) but I have a feeling we might have another little girl.  Either way we will be happy and blessed!

Overall, I think our two years of marriage has been amazing, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with my sweet, handsome, caring, loving, and smart best friend! 



7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new bundle of joy!! That is great news. Also congrats on your Anniversary. I would say that you both gave each other the best gift of all! Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH we are so so so so so so happy for you!!!!  And excited!!!!  I knew you wouldn't be able to wait two more weeks to tell everybody!  Yay Congrats to you, Bert, and Avy Beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Ann! I am sooooo excited for you all! I'm looking forward to having a pregnancy buddy...and kids who are almost the exact same age! Congrats also on your anniversary! It sounds like it was quite the celebration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ann and Bert!  I hope you have a smooth pregnancy. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to a pregnancy buddy too!  It will be so great having children the same age.  I hope you are feeling well, I am but it's really really early for me.  I didn't get sick with Ava until about  8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations ann & bert!  on your anniversary & your newest addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you all!!  So excited to hear your wonderful news!  Love the Big Spring memories; our tap-dances on the fireplace were such a display of raw talent, right?! I'll see you this weekend, as I'm planning to help out with your dad's campaign.

    ReplyDelete